Friday, January 14, 2011

Knotted in silk brown pearls

Oh yeah, I remember having to make the knots soooooo carefully, lose at first and then using a T pin, drop the knot above the pearls.  Tighten slowly and do not slide the pin out at the wrong time.  After a while it became second nature, but there was always the hope that something would come along that would pre-empt the ugly conversation we have with ourselves when we have 17 perfect knots and we drop the next one too far apart.  And it is tight.  And you start fraying the thread when you pick it lose.  No more.  I found this amazing tool from Beadalon, retails for around 30$ and it is precise, easy to use and lightweight.  I am always looking for tools that are easy to handle.  When I cannot close my fingers, around a pin, how am I expected to make a perfect knot?  I made this set in less than 2 hours, using gimp and all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment