Thursday, January 20, 2011

Painting with Foam

Yep, took a regular dense foam and colored this one.  The image is a set of stamps that offer a collage related to travel; I chose a few that would look OK in a vertical alignment: map, old script and a bug. 
Using sepia ink on glossy paper gave the map a worn effect then olive and black for the script and bug.  With finger size pieces of Cut and Dry foam I swirled colors from distress ink pads, using it as a brush... but in circular motion.  Very little ink at first, I rather put several layers than have to start all over because it got too dark.  Once I was happy with  the colors, I set a glass slide over it and moved it around until I found the best combination of elements, marked the location with pencil and stamped the dragonfly right above itself on top of the glass.  Turning the glass slide over I applied diamond Stickles.  Meaning, on the INSIDE of the glass.  The thinner I got the coat, the more the wings glisten, just like a real dragonfly!  Once the Stickles dried, I wiped clean the ink from the other side (dragonfly impression), cut the glossy paper to size and assembled the pendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment