Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not quite fuchsia

Even seen a flower you just have to try to recreate somehow?  We had some fuchsia baskets hanging on the porch and the look was amazing.  Since I cannot paint, I tried polymer clay, but my hands were no quite up to the task that week.  Every attempt looked incomplete, perhaps it was not the right medium.  So I pulled out the bead stash and played with a few color combinations... the red flowers with the yellow pearls started to call my name.  Added some fire opal crystals and voila! 

On the short headpins each flower was loaded after a rice pearl and was followed by a crystal.  On the spears, a gold spacer was loaded first, then the flower and then the crystal.  This is a very repetitive project, loading 75 headpins and making the top loop took hours; once those were completed, alternating sets of three with larger crystals I made a pearl string without knots.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment