Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Inlaid, framed, inked and happy!

How happy the brothers and sisters are in this picture!  Very seldom we get all the siblings in one State, let alone in one house.  So I shot this picture and knew I had to do something special with it.  They all like to garden, so I decided to punch flowers and a bug out of heavy card stock.  Using a technique I had seen Tim Holtz use, I was able to cover a 1$ frame with metal air duct tape and applied alcohol inks.  Using metal pieces to add some flare (corners, key, pin, etc) just fell into place smoothly.  I backed the picture with a splatered looking mat and it suits the frame perfectly.  My two days of work were rewarded with the best smile from my husband when he unwrapped this present on Christmas morning.  How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment