Monday, January 17, 2011

Explosion book (ok, it looks like a purse)



This was a wonderful project!  My friend and her boyfriend had gotten engaged and came to visit for the weekend in the summer.  The kids are fantastic, the couple a fun pair.  The dinner turned out awesome (and I did not cut myself or burned my hands, how good is that?!).  We took lots of pictures and then I created this explosion book.  Closes up to only 2" wide and is only 5.5" tall.  I built a 'purse' with artist canvas, added feet (painted with crackle paint), beaded wire handles, three dimensional effects, etc.  Some picture editing, special paper, the right embelishments and a couple of weeks to finish it yielded a very good record of the visit.  I mailed it to her for her XX (we shall not disclose the year of the happy event) b-day in October and I was proud of the results.  Here are other pictures of the completed piece. 





The seams are re-inforced in the back to prevent wear and tear as the pages are opened and closed.  There is only a half a quadrant with narrative journaling (seen on the first page) and the rest of the journaling was bulleted in tags.

1 comment:

  1. This is a whole new level of scrapbooking I have never been exposed to. Without knowing the subject matter, I feel like a beautiful story was told!

    ReplyDelete